Awards: What they mean for your business and 4 key steps to entering them !
2015 has been an amazing year for Astute . Here are some of our highlights and what you can do to get awards for your business
- IOD Director of the Year Awards – Winner Small Business East Midlands.
- East Midlands Chamber Business Awards – Finalist in the Best Small Business and Entrepreneur of the Year categories
- Forward Ladies National Business Awards – Finalist in SME Emerging Business
- Derbyshire Times Business Awards – Finalist Entrepreneur of the Year
Awards are a fanatic opportunity to profile your business to a wider audience, and get recognition for your business, your products and your services !
4 key steps to successful awards entry:-
1. Recognise what makes your company successful ! i.e. Excellent customer service; Excellence in manufacturing; Strong export market; Dynamic leadership; How has your company made an impact in the market?
2. Select the right awards to enter! Local awards recognising local business are the best way to start. Make sure the awards you choose have categories that play to your strengths. We would recommend:-
* Institute of Director Awards ( IOD)
* Local Chamber Business Awards
* Local Press Awards
* Industry Awards relevant to your business
3. Have Confidence! Make sure you sell yourself and your business when you fill out the entry forms. Emphasise key areas of growth; Innovation; How your company has made a difference; Leadership; Future expansion plans.
4. Just Do IT !