Site Controller/ Assistant Financial Controller
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000
We are recruiting for a business headquartered in Derbyshire and easily commutable from Burton, Nottinghamshire, Mansfield, Loughborough, Ashby and associated areas. They offer hybrid working and free parking. Operating in an International manufacturing market they are a subsidiary of a listed group with multiple sites throughout the UK.
As an organisation they are hugely people centric and have a team of individuals that are passionate about the business. They have a long-term business strategy supported by the parent group with major capital investments recently made in the UK demonstrating their commitment. This is a key role for the business and will also give the opportunity for business partnering with Shared Services and Senior Management.
Site Controller/ Assistant Financial Controller reporting to the Divisional Financial Director and supporting the Site Director. This is an opportunity to help lead the business and deliver on the major capital investment the site has received over recent years. This role would also lead finance and business improvement projects across the business.
This is a very fast paced business and will require an individual with exceptional communication skills and the desire to take the initiative and help drive continuous improvement interacting with the senior management team and peer group. Our client is very open minded and consequently this role could suit various candidate profiles.
A proven Site Controller looking for a change or a new challenge, an ambitious late-stage Part Qualified looking for career progression and mentoring or an experienced Qualified by Experience candidate with a broad skills base. The dynamics of the role and the organisation will provide a great opportunity to help grow a business, upscale its support infrastructure and to gain exposure at Board level.
- Provide financial support for the Site Director and Site Teams
- Preparation of management accounts and monthly close reporting process
- Support the implementation of a Group financial system
- Variable and indirect cost control and standard costing
- Support the preparation of cash forecasts and transfer price management
- Complete VAT returns and HMRC trading returns – EC, Intrastat
- Working capital management and improvement Implementation of best practice
- Assist with preparation of statutory accounts and support of the year end audit process
- Assist with ad hoc financial and non-financial analysis and reporting as required
Skills and Experience Required:
- Qualified or Part Qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA accountant or Qualified by Experience
- Manufacturing background would be useful but not essential for the right candidate
- IT literate with experience of larger company Finance software packages and have participated in IT implementation projects
- Excellent technical accounting, financial reporting, and forecasting skills
- The ability to communicate and explain procedures to non-financial staff
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships internally and externally
- Attention to detail and accurate, a ‘completer/finisher
- Salary range: £50,000 – £65,000
- Hybrid work pattern
- Free car parking
- 5% employer pension contribution
- 37.5 hours per week
Apply for this role
Fill in the form bellow and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Part Time Assistant Accountant (Temporary)
£14.00 - £16.00 p/h
Due to an increase in workload, this very stable and growing business based in Derby have a need for an experienced Assistant Accountant to work on temporary basis 4 days a week for the next 2 months at least. Reporting into the Financial Controller, your main duties as Assistant Accountant will include: Purchase […]
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join this thriving and forward thinking company based in Derby. The role is varied and interesting, based within a friendly small finance team. Duties as Accounts Assistant will include: Purchase ledger Processing all invoices Dealing with GRN’s and PO Supplier statement reconciliations […]
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join this well-established company based in Coalville for an experienced credit controller to join the credit team. As Credit Controller you will be working and have responsibility for your own ledger, and responsibilities will include: Chasing overdue accounts Ensure payments are received to terms Responding to client […]