Management Accountant – Temporary
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Astute Financial Recruitment is working on an exclusive basis with a leading manufacturing business in Chesterfield seeking to hire a Management Accountant, initially on a 9-month fixed term contract basis to cover maternity.
However, due to my client’s extensive growth plans a permanent position is likely to arise over the course of the contract, so this role should appeal to you on a longer-term basis too.
As a Management Accountant, you will report into the Financial Controller and be responsible for assisting in all aspects of financial management and accounting for the UK entities.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a highly profitable and lean business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist the Financial Controller in preparing full management accounts
- Balance sheet and P&L reconciliations
- Fixed assets including acquisitions, disposals, transfers & depreciation
- Carry out adjusting entries including but not limited to: accruals, prepayments, deferred income adjustments, inventory valuation adjustments, provision adjustments
- Assist Financial Controller & Controlling Team in preparation of data models for annual budgets.
- Ad-hoc project work.
What they’re looking for:
- AAT qualified (or similar) and ideally an active studier of CIMA or ACCA
- Experience as an Assistant Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant, Accounts Assistant or Finance Assistant
- Good Excel skills
- A willing and diligent attitude
What you’ll receive:
- Up to £32,000 on a fixed term contract basis initially, with the chance for it to go permanent in the future
This position is easily commutable from Chesterfield, Mansfield, Derby, Nottingham and Sheffield.
You might have applied for similar roles including Management Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Financial Accountant, Finance Assistant, Assistant Financial Accountant.
Astute is recruiting this position on behalf of a client.
Please apply with your CV.
Apply for this role
Fill in the form bellow and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
£20,000 - £23,000
A well established company based in Langley Mill are currently seeking an experienced Credit Controller to join their supportive Finance team. You will be reporting directly into the Credit Control Manager and your main duties as a Credit Controller will include: Managing the day to day credit control processes with the main focus […]
Purchase Ledger Clerk – Temporary
£18,000 - £19,000
A Mansfield based Engineering company are currently looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join the finance team on a Fixed Term Contract Reporting into the Team Leader your main duties as Purchase Ledger Clerk will be: * Matching Invoices to GRN’s and P/O’s * Coding and inputting of all purchase invoices * […]
Part Time Accounts Assistant – Temporary
£22,000 - £25,000 FTE
We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Accounts Assistant based in Derby, working 22 hours a week over 4 or 5 days, you will be responsible for assisting the Financial Controller with Accounts Payable and Receivable and Month End Reconciliations. Applicants will ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in accounts […]