Salary: up to £52,500 + Bonus
One of Derbyshire’s larger businesses is looking for a Finance Manager to join their experienced finance team on a permanent basis. Easily commutable from Derby, this role will see you becoming an integral part of their finance function.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, in this high-profile role you will control compliance to accounting standards for UK & overseas entities, review monthly P&L, balance sheets and conduct analytical review as and when needed. You will have no direct reports in this role but will work closely with the finance teams within the entities alongside other teams within the finance accounting function. Excellent prospects are on offer within this large, expanding company as internal promotion and career progression is always at the forefront of their minds.
Producing Year on Year Plan/ Forecast P&L and BS variance analytics at entity level alongside extracting data required for SOX and Audit and liaise with internal and external auditors where necessary. You will also Create analytical tools, reports to assist with accounting reviews or presentation of results.
- Key role as Entity Controller. Responsible for review, controls, compliance to accounting standards, SOX and audit.
- Review of monthly P&L and Balance Sheet. Monitor and produce reports for working capital, analytical reviews including key financial performance indicators. Add variance commentary if applicable.
- Review and approve Balance Sheet Reconciliations, business specific in line with Group timetable for completion. Ensure supporting documentation fulfils audit scrutiny and SOX, accounting standards. Follow up and take corrective action on ‘unidentified’, ‘timing’ or ‘requires adjusting’ differences within Policy guidelines.
- Month end close review and sign off Bank, Sales Ledger and Accounts Payable Control accounts. High level review of key accounts.
- Produce 035 report monthly with explanations for required month on month variances.
- Agree monthly revenue is calculated accurately in line with accounting principles and standards. Pass to GL Finance team to post into Oracle. Carry out spot checks of revenue reported against customer contracts.
- Review and agree non-standard monthly cost accruals notified by the Business Analysts specific to the business activity. Ensure they comply to finance principles and standards and are calculated accurately.
- Cashflow co-ordination with Business Analysts, GL Finance Manager (bank), Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and call to Treasury.
- Respond to GL account queries from Business Analysts.
- Review and approve payment requests from Accounts Payable.
- Fully qualified ACCA, ACMA, ACA or CIMA.
- Previous experience in a similar role and corporate environment.
- Advanced Level competency in software packages, to include Excel, Word and other Microsoft applications.
- Advanced ability to present detailed financial data or performance results comprehensively to Senior Management.
- Advance report writing ability including graphics and detailed analysis.
- Ability to escalate issues.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic & excellent communicator
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Questions the status quo.
The successful Finance Manager will be offered a competitive salary of up to £52,500 complete package + bonus alongside excellent career prospects.
Job is commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield and Burton
Other roles you may have applied for are Financial Controller; Financial accountant; Accounts Manager; Financial Accounting Manager
Apply for this role
Fill in the form bellow and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
£22,000 - £25,000
A Derby-based manufacturing company is currently looking for an experienced Payroller to join the finance team on a permanent basis. Working in a small payroll team, you will be responsible for your own payroll end to end, ensuring that the information imported is accurate. Your main duties as Payroller will include: Processing both […]
Payroll Advisor (9 – 12 Month Contract)
£20,000 - £25,000
A growing organisation based in Derby is looking to recruit a Payroll Advisor on a Fixed Term Contract for a period of 9 – 12 months, to assist with the transition of the business. Working as an experienced Payroll Assistant will be responsible for your own payroll end to end, ensuring that the information […]
Interim Financial Accountant
£50,000 + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading company based in Staffordshire is seeking to recruit a Financial accountant on a temporary basis initially to cover maternity cover. The business offers some great benefits which include a bonus, pension and flexible working. This is a great role for someone with strong technical financial reporting skills […]