Salary: Competitive Salary
We are recruiting for a fast moving and high growth entrepreneurial business headquartered in Derbyshire with a reputation for ongoing product innovation and development. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning mail order and online business operating in the public/private sector.
Operating in a profitable niche market they design, develop, source and market specialist sustainable products in the UK and overseas. As an organisation they are hugely people centric and have a team of individuals that are passionate about the organisation, their products and their community.
This is a business-critical role because of consistent business growth and the need to deliver the people infrastructure to support this. A number 1 Finance Leadership role reporting to the Managing Director this role will give the right candidate the opportunity to progress with the business. This is a very fast paced business and will require a highly motivated and career focussed individual who is able to succeed in their core role whilst managing multiple business critical projects in support of the Senior Management Team and board.
This role will suit a Finance Director looking for a broader operational/strategic role and perhaps a new challenge. The dynamics of the role and the organisation will provide a great opportunity to help grow a business, upscale its support infrastructure and to be a full Board member with significant Operational and Strategic input.
You will be required to run all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Finance function with a current team of eight. This will cover everything from banking, payroll, AP, AR, accounts preparation and business partnering. In addition, improving financial controls, processes, driving automation and systems to enable effectiveness and efficiency will be hugely important.
- Managing, motivating and developing the Finance team to ensure a focus on delivering the correct transactional tasks and value-added business partnering
- Proactively monitor the business performance to ensure financial/operational trends and issues are clearly highlighted and communicated early, working effectively with other departments to drive improvements
- Own the business planning and forecasting cycle. Ensure that the right KPIS are in place to track progress to deliver financial targets whilst highlighting and driving profit improvements through growth and cost reduction and control
- A key member of the board, driving the strategic planning and performance of the business by the provision of effective analysis, modelling and advice
- Ensure the monthly management pack is prepared in a timely manner with easy-to-understand variance analysis covering margin/channel/carriage and cashflow
- Deliver the annual cash flow plan and deal with all cash related matters (bank, hedging)
- Drive process improvement within the department, with increased automation and a far more paperless function
Skills & Experience Required:
- This role requires an individual with a proactive and flexible outlook and someone who is prepared to roll their sleeves up and get involved in every part of the function. We require a highly analytical individual good at data manipulation, suiting a Qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA accountant with a background in businesses with a high volume of transactions and stock movements – such as retail, mail order or manufacturing
- Hands on and able to take on many tasks themselves with excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growing business with the skills required to meet deadlines and manage a high level and variety of tasks
- Strong people management skills with experience of managing similar sized teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create good relationships to get buy in and drive improvements across the business
- Highly developed stakeholder management skills with the ability and confidence to operate at Board level as an equal partner
- Strong and rounded commercial and business awareness
- Excellent analytical, IT (Excel) and modelling skills. Good attention to detail, likely to be or have been an expert in Excel
- Excellent systems experience and high-level ability to pick up the processes within system with experience of developing reporting and improving processes
- Competitive salary plus car allowance
- 15% bonus
- Flexible hours
- Private health
- Free car parking
- Other flexible benefits package
Apply for this role
Fill in the form bellow and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Part Time Assistant Accountant (Temporary)
£14.00 - £16.00 p/h
Due to an increase in workload, this very stable and growing business based in Derby have a need for an experienced Assistant Accountant to work on temporary basis 4 days a week for the next 2 months at least. Reporting into the Financial Controller, your main duties as Assistant Accountant will include: Purchase […]
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join this thriving and forward thinking company based in Derby. The role is varied and interesting, based within a friendly small finance team. Duties as Accounts Assistant will include: Purchase ledger Processing all invoices Dealing with GRN’s and PO Supplier statement reconciliations […]
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join this well-established company based in Coalville for an experienced credit controller to join the credit team. As Credit Controller you will be working and have responsibility for your own ledger, and responsibilities will include: Chasing overdue accounts Ensure payments are received to terms Responding to client […]